AgriBank Plc Complaint Handling Policy
Meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations is the most important part of our business. If we disappoint you, please let us know and we will do everything we can to resolve any problems or difficulties. For any complaints kindly contact us and we will ensure that your complaint is dealt with in line with our complaints procedure described below:
- Step 1 The Officer receiving the complaint records and documents the details of the complaint in full on a File Note as per Appendix I.
- Step 2 The Officer notifies the Bank Officer that usually deals with the Complainant and the Complaints Officer of the complaint by forwarding the File Note or the written complaint and providing any relevant information to the Complaints Officer and the Bank Officer that usually deals with the Complainant. The Complaints Officer keeps a record of the complaint.
- Step 3 The Bank Officer will then assess whether the complaint can be solved immediately, or whether it needs further investigation. If the Complaint can be dealt with immediately, he/she will then update the file note detailing the action taken to solve the complaint and will forward it to the Complaints Officer for the record. If the complaint needs further investigation, then the updated file note will be sent to the Complaints Officer for action.
- Step 4 Upon being notified of the complaint, an acknowledgement of the receipt of the complaint is communicated to the Complainant in writing (Appendix III) by the Complaints Officer at the earliest opportunity, but not later than five working business days.
The complaint is recorded in the Complaints Register, after giving it a unique sequential number.
- Step 5 The complaint is then actively investigated and a comprehensive response is sent to the Complainant by the Complaints Officer as early as practicable and after this has been reviewed by the Head of Compliance and the respective Bank Officer that usually deals with the Complainant.
- Step 6 Any subsequent or follow-up enquiries received will continue to be dealt with by the Complaints Officer until the complaint is resolved.
- Step 7 Resolution of the complaint is then communicated by the Complaints Officer to the Complainant, reminding him/her of his/her rights to refer the complaint to the Office of the Arbiter for Financial Services at the following address:
Office of the Arbiter for Financial Services
St Calcedonius Square
Floriana FRN 1530